IT-EN Translator/Proofreader (ONLY English native speakers)
The in-house position we offer is for our headquarters in central Italy (P.S. Elpidio – FM – Marche region).
The linguist (IT-EN Translator-Proofreader) will look after the internal translation workflow and will coordinate the work of English native freelance translators and proofreaders.
He/she will be responsible for communicating specific detailed instructions to translators and external proofreaders and managing workflows and processes.
He/she is accountable for the final quality assurance of translation activities.
- Review/Proofread translation projects completed by native English professional translators;
- Complete small translation projects and provide language assistance (IT-EN) to clients and colleagues;
- Assess needs for additional information, e.g. compilation of glossaries, previously translated similar documents, list of acronyms, technical terminology, and translation memories;
- Manage translation teams and linguistic assets to ensure compliance with Intrawelt productions workflows and that quality and turn-arounds standards are met.Exercise sound judgment in keeping supervisor informed of potential difficulties;
- Inform supervisor of all issues affecting cost, quality and turn-around;
- Check final accuracy of IT-EN translation projects prior to sending them to client.
- College degree and degree in Translation and/or interpretation or equivalent experience;
- Perfect command of English (native language) and Italian plus one, ideally two additional languages to mother tongue standard;
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, html, xml);
- Familiarity with desktop publishing software (Indesign, QuarkXPress, Framemaker);
- Language skills to include ability to create glossaries, assess quality and completeness of translations;
- Advanced translation memory experience (e.g. SDL TRADOS) management;
- Preferably 1-2 years previous proofreading/translation experience in translation services;
- Ability to prioritize while handling multiple projects simultaneously in a hectic, time-sensitive environment;
- Detail and service oriented;
- Clear sense of accountability.
- Flexible team player;
- Superior interpersonal skills;
- Can mix and relate well to all levels;
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and unsupervised;
- Flexibility to work overtime required;
- Professional demeanour;
- Focused on goals and the overall team and company objectives;
- Self-motivated and proactive;
- Can improvise and innovate;
If you are interested in joining us, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
It is possible that due to the large number of applicants, only successful candidates will be informed.
Please only apply if you are interested in the IN-HOUSE position offered for our headquarters in Porto SantElpidio (FM), Marche, Italy.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!